Jonathan "Jono" Schnautz has been minister at Antioch since October 1978. Jonathan is a graduate of St. Louis Christian College. Wife Dee Ann is a talented musician and shares her talents at Antioch and throughout the region. Jonathan and Dee Ann have 2 children, Sadie and Sam.
We Believe. . .
· the Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God.
· there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
· in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to Heaven.
· in Jesus’ second return to earth and in resurrection from the dead at His return: resurrection to eternal life for the saved and eternal punishment for the lost.
· in baptism by immersion for the forgiveness of sins.
· in meeting each Lord’s Day for communion, prayer, Bible teaching, and fellowship as is prescribed in the Bible.
Antioch Christian Church enjoys fellowship with thousands of Christian Church/Churches of Christ while understanding that each congregation is subject only to the will of Jesus Christ, who is “Head of the Church” according to the Bible. Therefore, our congregation selects its leaders from among its membership to fill biblically defined offices.
The New Testament gives us the following pattern for salvation. To be saved through Jesus Christ, one must:
a. Hear the gospel message. (Romans 10:17)
b. Believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. (John 3:15,16)
c. Repent of sins. (Acts 2:38, 3:19, 17:30)
d. Confess Christ as God’s Son. (Matt.10:32, Romans 10:9,10)
e. Be baptized through immersion. (1 Peter 3:18-22)
f. Continue to live a life of prayer, discipleship, and Christian growth. (Romans 1:17, Acts 2:42, Colossians 4:2, Philippians 4:6)
We welcome all to our worship services. While we encourage those who want to show a strong commitment to our congregation to place their membership with us, we believe that the Bible teaches that the only true membership in Jesus Christ’s Church is through baptism and belief. All baptized believers belong to the Church .
In January 1859 Benjamin and Elizabeth Hawkins deeded 2 acres to the authorities of